Thursday, June 2, 2011

Amazing Sand Castle! Huntington Beach Memorial Day Weekend.

My family and I went to the Huntington Beach Hyatt this past Memorial Day Weekend and we did a bunch of fun stuff like build a sand castle. To get down to the beach where the Hyatt staff helped us build it, you had to walk across a huge bridge. The beach was hot and it was the biggest beach I've ever seen. We met Mark and his wife from Dig It! a professional sand castle builder who worked for the Hyatt. When I first got down there, I saw many different sand castles that other families had made and I thought 'No way was I going to make one that big'. Then Mark came over to us and helped us out. He had tools such as a trash can with a hole in the bottom so you could dump sand and water into it. Then he had a smaller bucket you put on top of the big bucket and you put more sand and water into that. Pretty soon we had a 4' tower we could sculpt. Now I thought 'Yeah- we're going to show it off to our friends'. Other tools he had were a blue trowel that you could cut with. Then he also had a white picker that you could design with. After 2 hours we completed our masterpiece. Unfortunately, later in the day, the sun dried it out and the wind started to blow it apart. But we can look at it forever on this video. I want to go build another one this weekend at Ponto! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment