Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Go Kart Time!

Last weekend, I drove to Carlsbad to go K1 Go Kart racing. When I walked in, I could see there were hoods from famous race cars hanging from the walls. They have two different races- one for adults adn one for juniors. The junior cars go 25 miles per hour. The cars are electric. I got lucky and there were only 5 kids racing that morning. I had a 2 for 1 ticket so it only cost $20 for two races.

Driving the cars is hard during a race. There are a lot of corners you have to turn at high speeds or else you'll spin out. You are not allowed to bump the other racers. I unfortunately got bumped by my friend and crashed into the sidewall. 

If you really want to win, don't go around the corners fast! But if you really really really want to win, you can go as fast as you want around the corners. I went one of the fastest laps of the month- 34.25 seconds was the time to beat and I had a 34.53 lap.

In one of my best races, I was ranked 35,976 out of 1,263,331 for all the junior races at K1. That is the top 97%. Basically if there were 100 people doing the race, I would have gotten 3rd. After races, you get a scorecard that tells you your lap times and what place you got. They also have a snack bar which has Gatorade, ice cream, chips, cookies, Oggi's pizza, and Corn Nuts- my favorite.  And as you wait between races, you can play air hockey, video games, and shoot hoops. There's even a winner's podium for the champions. All I have to say is that K1 is the best place to go Go Kart racing. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment